Hair Care Guide for Your Hair Extensions
Hair Care Guide For Your Hair Extensions
Weft Extensions Installation
Never cut any part of the weft of the hair extensions, as this is the number one cause of hair extension weft shedding. To ensure that your weft extension does not shed after installation, we advise that you instruct your stylist not to cut or split the wefts. These weft are double stitched and delicate. If they are cut in any way, it must be sealed. This may help reduce the potential shedding however is not guaranteed to stop it.
Always keep your hair tangle free by using a wide toothcomb to gently comb the hair daily so that it does not develop tangles especially in the nape area. Always comb from bottom up, small sections at a time. We recommend bendy rollers to enhance your waves. Straighteners and curling irons can be used too to style the hair but ensure you use a good heat protector as heat can damage the hair and reduce the life span of your hair.
Avoid using too much products or different kind of products because too much products could make the hair heavy and difficult to maintain. Apply a few drops of hair serum every other day as this gives the hair a natural healthy shine and then comb to style.
Once natural hair is cut from a donor’s head, it stops receiving much needed nutriments that nourish and keeps the hair soft, shiny, tangle free and healthy. It is therefore crucial that the hair is well maintained and treated with the appropriate products that will restore and help maintain the natural characteristics of the hair making it last for a long time.
Shampoo and condition at least once every other week with a product compatible with the hair texture. Gently shampoo in a downward motion, working the shampoo from bottom up and avoid scrubbing the hair. Rinse thoroughly with cool water.
Conditioning the hair is vital. Apply moisturizing conditioner and use a wide toothcomb or fingers to work the conditioner into the hair. Leave conditioner in for 10 to 30mins, then rinse out and gently blot hair with a towel. For maximum results allow hair to dry naturally before using any heat styling tool. We recommend you deep condition the hair at least once a month for 1 to 2 hours
Do not comb curly hair when it’s dry because this will disrupt the curl pattern and cause the hair to frizz. Finger style or use a wide toothcomb only when hair is damp. To refresh curls, spray plain water or leave in conditioner and you’re good to go.
Recommended Hair Care Products
John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine (anti-frizz serum)
The complete curls range including Shampoo, Whipped cream and Souffle for curly hair.
Shampoo & Conditioners: Herbal Essence, Tresemme, Patene, Loreal, Aussie and Elvive.
Please Note: using the wrong maintenance products could result in dry, dull, tangled and damaged and unmanageable hair extensions. The more you take care of your hair the better you protect your investment!!
You are welcome to
contact us if you have any question about the hair.
Hair Care Guide For Your EBRH Wigs
Care Instructions For Your EBRH Wig
1. Take your glueless wig off nightly and put it on a mannequin head or wig holder. If you don’t have a mannequin you can use something round
2. After removing your wig from your head, comb it using a wide toothcomb to detangle it, then braid or twist it in two
3. When putting on your wig daily just install and style as you would your weave
4. Wash your wig at least every other week and do a deep conditioning once a month
Alternatively, why not try our Protective Hair Storage Bag for the ultimate protection, preservation and storage of your hair extensions and wigs.
How to Wash Your EBRH Wig
Prior to washing your unit make sure you comb it out thoroughly and that its nice and smooth before you start to wash it.
1. Fill your clean sink with luke warm water (make sure there is absolutely no bleach or other harsh cleaning chemical residue in the sink)
2. Add a capful of gentle Shampoo and dilute in the water.
3. Gently swish the wig or piece in the water for about 30 seconds to a minute until the wig is saturated. Gently rub the front of the wig cap, where it meets the forehead until clean (remember to do this very very gently!)
4. Empty the water and refill the sink with cool water and dip your wig in the water until thoroughly rinsed
5. It is very important to use cool water on the wigs hot water can weaken the weft of the hair.
6. Gently squeeze excess water out of wig. Do not rub or twist your wig.
7. Place the wig on a wig stand and leave in a ventilated area to dry overnight.
8. You should spray on a little leave-in conditioner. It is not recommended to blow dry your wig after washing. Do not brush or style your wig while it is wet. DO NOT brush or comb the wig while it is still wet. Due to the water absorbency, the hair shaft expands and the root knot loosens causing the hair to shed dramatically.
9. When the wig is entirely dry, re-style the wig gently. We recommend a wide toothcomb. Bristle brushes, and roll brushes are not recommended.
Do your best to take care of your wig and if you are having issues feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist and advise you. Love and take care of your hair and you will get the best possible look from it and it will last you a long time.
Want to know about our custom wig service then
How To Apply Your EBRH Custom Wig
1. Prep your hair, by creating a flat surface for the wig to sit on. You can braid your hair down, or have it pulled back or apply a wig cap.
2. Fit the wig on your head, and evaluate how and where you would like the hairline, the goal is to find where the hairline will look most natural.
3. Gradually starting trimming the excess lace, the goal here is to create your hairline, only cut small amounts off at a time.
4. After you have created your hairline, style your wig as desired and you are good to go. All our wigs are glueless, however if you decide to apply any form gel/ adhesive to the hairline you do this after the excess lace has been trimmed off.
5. The finished hairline should look natural, as if the hair were actually growing from your head.
Do's and Don'ts
- Remove your glueless wig nightly
- If you sleep with your wig on, hair tied up in a braid or bun for example or cover with a satin bonnet
- Gently comb hair before shampooing
- Gently shampoo the hair in one direction only
- Never Sleep on wet hair
- When not wearing your wig, keep it clean and stored on a wig holder in a dry place, so that it will keep its shape
- Support your Lace Unit Wig with your hands, when brushing or combing your hair
- For Straight/Yaki textures, use a good vent brush
- Minimize combing or brushing your lace wig when wet· Use Shampoo and Conditioner for a lasting shine, softness and fragrance
Wig Care Instruction