Care Instructions For Your EBRH Wig
1. Take your glueless wig off nightly and put it on a mannequin head or wig holder. If you don’t have a mannequin you can use something round
2. After removing your wig from your head, comb it using a wide toothcomb to detangle it, then braid or twist it in two
3. When putting on your wig daily just install and style as you would your weave
4. Wash your wig at least every other week and do a deep conditioning once a month
Alternatively, why not try our Protective Hair Storage Bag for the ultimate protection, preservation and storage of your hair extensions and wigs.
How to Wash Your EBRH Wig
Prior to washing your unit make sure you comb it out thoroughly and that its nice and smooth before you start to wash it.
1. Fill your clean sink with luke warm water (make sure there is absolutely no bleach or other harsh cleaning chemical residue in the sink)
2. Add a capful of gentle Shampoo and dilute in the water.
3. Gently swish the wig or piece in the water for about 30 seconds to a minute until the wig is saturated. Gently rub the front of the wig cap, where it meets the forehead until clean (remember to do this very very gently!)
4. Empty the water and refill the sink with cool water and dip your wig in the water until thoroughly rinsed
5. It is very important to use cool water on the wigs hot water can weaken the weft of the hair.
6. Gently squeeze excess water out of wig. Do not rub or twist your wig.
7. Place the wig on a wig stand and leave in a ventilated area to dry overnight.
8. You should spray on a little leave-in conditioner. It is not recommended to blow dry your wig after washing. Do not brush or style your wig while it is wet. DO NOT brush or comb the wig while it is still wet. Due to the water absorbency, the hair shaft expands and the root knot loosens causing the hair to shed dramatically.
9. When the wig is entirely dry, re-style the wig gently. We recommend a wide toothcomb. Bristle brushes, and roll brushes are not recommended.
Do your best to take care of your wig and if you are having issues feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist and advise you. Love and take care of your hair and you will get the best possible look from it and it will last you a long time.
Want to know about our custom wig service then CLICK HERE
How To Apply Your EBRH Custom Wig
1. Prep your hair, by creating a flat surface for the wig to sit on. You can braid your hair down, or have it pulled back or apply a wig cap.
2. Fit the wig on your head, and evaluate how and where you would like the hairline, the goal is to find where the hairline will look most natural.
3. Gradually starting trimming the excess lace, the goal here is to create your hairline, only cut small amounts off at a time.
4. After you have created your hairline, style your wig as desired and you are good to go. All our wigs are glueless, however if you decide to apply any form gel/ adhesive to the hairline you do this after the excess lace has been trimmed off.
5. The finished hairline should look natural, as if the hair were actually growing from your head.
Do's and Don'ts
- Remove your glueless wig nightly
- If you sleep with your wig on, hair tied up in a braid or bun for example or cover with a satin bonnet
- Gently comb hair before shampooing
- Gently shampoo the hair in one direction only
- Never Sleep on wet hair
- When not wearing your wig, keep it clean and stored on a wig holder in a dry place, so that it will keep its shape
- Support your Lace Unit Wig with your hands, when brushing or combing your hair
- For Straight/Yaki textures, use a good vent brush
- Minimize combing or brushing your lace wig when wet· Use Shampoo and Conditioner for a lasting shine, softness and fragrance